A Check register is a document in software which keeps all of your personal/checking/business accounts transaction records at one place.
Currently, most people use excel or printable check register (which you can order from Amazon or eBay) to keep their expenses and income in the check register.
Middle to enterprise uses some desktop or online version of the software to keep their check register. If you are thinking about the desktop-based check register, you can see QuickBooks desktop, Sage, Netsuite, etc. If you are looking for an online version of your check register, you can see Clearcheckbook, Checkeeper, Onlinecheckwriter.
Why should you use a check register?
Check register will help you to keep all of your transaction at one place, and it will also give you an overall idea/summary of your business.
Let’s get to know in details why we use should check register even for our personal use:
- Help you to budget your expenses
- Identifying check fraud
- Avoiding check bouncing
- Keeping track of all of your expenses at one place
Why should you use the Online Check Register?
If you want flexibility, then an online check register is an ideal solution for you. Online check register saves all of the data in the cloud, which will prevent you from data loss. Plus you can access your check register from anywhere you want.
Let’s learn more about the benefits of using an online check register in details:
- Flexibility, you can access it from anywhere you want
- Data will be recorded electronically so you can transform it / export it any time you wish.
- Data will be saved on the cloud so can access it from Mac, Windows, Linux anywhere you want as you can access it using the browser.
- Data will be searchable
- Will save you a lot of time in the long run because if some dispute comes, you can effortlessly search the record and find the dispute reason
- Some electronic, Online check register also provides the facility to print check online plus keep the check registry.